Saturday, August 16, 2014

Temple Date

Brock & Katy and my parents are in town. They are all going on a cruise tomorrow. Brock and Katy wanted to make a trip to the temple, so my parents offered to watch the kids so Patrick and I could go. Brock and Katy wanted to go to the 8 am session. That's pretty early for a Saturday! We contemplated not going. A little bit later...I realized that was a lame excuse...and Satan almost got to me on that one! Whew!! We were planning on leaving the house around 7 am to give us plenty of time and not be rushed. But Patrick couldn't find his recommend! We looked everywhere. About 7:20 I told my parents and that we'll probably not make it. But my dad said we could still go and they can look up his recommend! Dodged that bullet too! Then when we got to the temple...since they had to take some time to look up his recommend...we were seconds away from missing our 8 am session!! Sitting in the temple....it was so nice and what a relief to realize we made it! I had such a good experience in the temple...probably one of the best and most spiritual times I've had. Received some promptings...and was given a lot of peace. So so grateful that we had the opportunity to go.

On our way out, I asked Brock to snap a picture of Patrick and me.