Friday, January 23, 2015

Contract!!

We are finally on our way to our new house! We have a contract!! We are so excited! And more importantly, since we have a contract now, I was able to get Elliott enrolled to his new school! I could've had him enrolled where the hotel is zoned...but I did not want him switching school back and forth. Plus, where the new house is where the good schools are!

Such a busy day today!!!

School clothes shopping....it's standardized dress!
Haircut for Elliott.
Go to bank (closest one is 20 min away).
Met with realtor to get contract and exchange earnest money.
Enroll Elliott in school.
Contacted lender to get low interest rate locked in.
And lunch for the munchkins.

Whew! BUSY!!!

I LOVE what will be our new house! It just went on the market this week...and as soon as we saw it we scheduled a showing. We were going to go with a foreclosure...we even signed a contract. But we didn't want to spend our life savings fixing it all up! So we ended up pulling out of it.

I really did want a great and spacious building for a house. But this is plenty for us. It is indeed "sufficient for our needs".  Plus...I am looking forward to not having stairs again!