I thought I'd document Emily's crazy morning hair!! A lot of people comment how pretty her curls are. But they are work! She has all these really cute ringlets....but if it doesn't get brushed....they turn into matted dread locks. I've had to cut some of them off before. In the morning...I spray her hair with detangler and run a brush through it. I've heard you should never touch curly hair with a brush...and should use a comb....but there's no way a comb would get through those snarls!! At bathtime, I run a different brush through her hair right after washing it. And then it just air dries...into these really cute curly ringlets.
On lazy days...or ornery Emily days...I just through it up into a ponytail. The other day, I told Emily it was time to get ready to go....meaning to get dressed. She ran into my bathroom (where we do her hair in the mornings). I ignored her...and was focusing on Elliott. Then I called for her again and said we need to get going. She ran out into the living room....puts her hands out in desperation and exasperation and said, "Mommy, my hair's a mess!!" Ha ha!! So we hurried up and did her hair! Crazy girl!


