Friday, December 20, 2013

Emily 17 months

Emily is 17 months today. One more month until nursery. That really surprises me...she seems too young for nursery.

She is getting so big...I can't believe how much she is growing.

She wears bows and headbands...but she likes to tease me and gives me a naughty look and rips them out. It's a game for her....it's pretty funny.

It surprised me to know that she understands A LOT of what I say. A few weeks ago I asked her to bring me her shoe, and she did. Today, I asked her to bring me her bow...and she did that too. I was really surprised she knew exactly what I was talking about.

She babbles a lot...but isn't a super talker. This week she keeps saying "appy"...I have no idea what it means. It sounds like she is saying "happy"...maybe it's "puppy"...I have no idea really.

She has decided she loves the stairs and isn't afraid of them anymore. One time I heard a fast pitter pat of a scurrying baby upstairs...I couldn't believe she snuck up the stairs without me knowing. So we have to keep a close eye on her. She is still too cautious too walk. She could do it...but she's to scared. However, she will crawl up the stairs and crawl over the arm of the couch without fear. Go figure.