I think it's funny how Christmas changes for you once you have kids. Before kids, you look forward to who gave what to you. After kids, you get so excited buying fun gifts for your kids and it seems you get more excited for Christmas morning to come than they are. Each year I also look forward teaching my kids the Christmas story. And seeing the recognition and light on their face that they understand it.
We didn't even get up until 8 am. Elliott was so not like me. I would investigate the presents every day watching for new ones. Nope...not Elliott. I had to tell him to look at the tree when I put all the presents under the tree. He patiently waited for us all get up out of bed. But he was quite excited to open them. He was also excited to help Emily out. Emily was starting to unwrap her presents a little...but she needed a little prodding.
All Elliott asked for was a giant stuffed teddy bear. I couldn't get him to tell me anything else. But we got a stuffed alligator instead. He loves it! He now turns the light off in his room because he sleeps with his alligator and he says he protects him.
She's pretty sleepy still.
And Emily got a large plush my little pony.
Pillows and blankets for each of them from Grampy Steve.
My mom made us an "I Spy" quilt. Each block has a different picture. He loves playing it and he now knows how to play i spy when we are out and about.
Someone is excited about her present!
Patrick's parents came over for brunch a little after we were done with presents.
And a few pics of these kiddos in their Christmas pj's.
Elliott was excited to get outside and try out his new scooter. He did pretty good, but also needs some more practice.
And, of course, Emily had to come out too. She LOVES being outside.
Elliott was being goofy and was trying to "back up" and was going backwards.
On Christmas Eve, my good good friend Kathleen and her family came over. She always treats my children as her own grandchildren...and spoils them as a grandmother does. She went way over the top this time. I love that she loves my kids!! She gave the kids an art easel. Emily LOVES the chalk. We went looking at lights afterwards. It was pretty late, and Emily wanted to continue playing with the chalk...she threw the biggest tantrum when we made her go to bed instead of playing with the chalkboard. She also gave Emily a tea set and Elliott a wii game.
Oh and she likes to use the wall as a chalkboard too.
I love this sweet photo of her. My baby is getting so big!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)