Sunday, July 6, 2014

July 4th Weekend

Whoa!! What a crazy busy weekend!! We had such a good time...but it completely pooped us out!!

We left Friday morning to go to Dallas for the weekend to spend with Patrick's dad. We immediately checked into our hotel. It left a lot to be desired...but it was free since we had la quinta points...it's a hotel we won't go to again...but it was the only la quinta in the area. But it served its purpose. We then went to Patrick's dad's house. We had lunch at a chinese buffet....it was a little tricky to find food for my new eating lifestyle...but I managed. Elliott was happy with only the sesame chicken and the sugared bread roll. Emily refused food...stinker. Patrick's dad then spoiled Emily at Toys R Us...since her birthday is coming up. And got her 2 huge bears! We then spent a few hours at Going Bonkers. This place is amazing...and I really wish we had one here in Houston.


We had to go in way too many walmarts....Patrick and his dad were looking for something specific...so me and the kids tagged along.

We stayed up late and watched the fireworks...Elliott LOVED it. And Emily was mesmerized until she zonked out. Poor girl didn't have any naps for 3 days straight! I didn't get any pics of them...but they were really good. And then Patrick and I realized we hadn't been to a fireworks show since we've been together...crazy!!

Putting the kids down in a hotel is crazy. And I forgot Emily's owl...so it made it extra crazy. Once we had all the lights off...the kids finally fell asleep. Saturday morning, the kids woke up at 6 am. Oh well...that is pretty much the norm at home...but they didn't go to sleep until 11 the night before...and Emily had no nap on Friday...so I was really surprised she was up by 6.

We went to the hotel's breakfast. Wandered Target to give Patrick's dad some time to wake up. Our first outing was to Nickel Mania...a nickel arcade. Everyone had a good time there. There wasn't anything for Emily to do...but she had a blast pushing buttons and running from me. Elliott got a slingshot with his tickets.

We stopped for lunch at Jason's Deli. And then went to the waterpark. I didn't get any pics of the water park. But it was way cool. 3 splashpads, a lazy river, and there was a playset in 1 1/2 foot of water with a slide and the water never got any deeper than 3 1/2 feet. We discovered that Emily doesn't mind the water really...but she hates the shooting water, the fountains...or anything that splashes. She really enjoyed swimming around with me. We loved this park because it was so fun and inexpensive...$2/person...and Emily was free. 

Afterwards...we tried to find something to do...so we ended back at Going Bonkers. Emily was more willing to play in the toddler area. And Elliott got some freedom. We dropped Patrick's dad back at home and said our goodbyes.

We tried to get the kids down to sleep by 7 pm. Emily had other ideas. We told Elliott he needed to pretend to be asleep so Emily would fall asleep. Of course, Elliott ended up falling asleep before Emily was asleep and while she was still screaming about it. She finally fell asleep...and Patrick and I had a couple of hours to ourselves before we zonked out too. It was such a fun weekend spending time with Patrick's dad!!!

Emily's 4th of July outfit...this is the best pic I got of her outfit.

Elliott had so much fun here.




And here's day 2 at Going Bonkers...apparently I only took pics at  Going Bonkers.


Emily was so sweet...out of nowhere...she leaned over and gave Elliott a hug. Loved that!!


Emily woke up so sweetly Sunday morning...saying "Mommy" over and over so softly and sweetly. Loved it.

We were out the door by 7 am because we are meeting Patrick's Uncle Andre and Aunt Rene in Dubina, Tx for a czech church picnic. It was a lot of fun too. Elliott won a cake in a cake walk, he won several drinks in the ring toss. He also had fun at some of the other booths/games. The lunch there was amazing....I shared mine with the kids...since there was no way I could come close to finishing my plate. We finished the day by playing bingo. Elliott even did a card...he had so much fun. He was way stressed out when we had him do 2 cards at a time...ha ha ha!!




Not sure what this face is about....but this is Elliott playing bingo.

It was only suppose to be 1 1/2 hours to get home...but 2 wrecks on I-10...landed us home in over 3 hours. Bleh! But Emily kept us entertained. I commented to her that I had seen a different side to her this weekend...and she responded by this smug grin. I guess no naps in 3 days will do that to her.


Emily is here shushing everyone in the car....go figure. She started doing that to Elliott in Target Saturday morning.