We had such a fun and busy Easter weekend!!
We began our Easter celebrations on Monday night FHE....we had our lesson on the Resurrection using resurrection eggs. I was so happy to know that Elliott knew most of the story. The kids had fun finding the eggs...and then re-hiding them after the lesson.
Good Friday was pretty busy. We rented a truck and went to Houston to get some furniture from Patrick's parents. They are selling their house...and were so generous to us to give us some of their stuff. And of course, it was so good to see Patrick's parents again...we hadn't seen them since our big move. I was also able to swing by Kate's new house. It's been almost a year since we've seen them....so just me and Emily went. It was short...but it was so good to see them again!
Saturday...we spent the morning watching general conference. Then Patrick's dad came over and spent the day with us. We had our Easter dinner...it was way yummy! We then mostly just hung out with his dad. It was so beautiful outside. We put up the hammock that Patrick's mom gave us. The kids had so much fun playing in it! Then Patrick's dad took us shopping....the kids got some fun outfits and we got a housewarming gift! It was super fun and way generous.
When we got home it was time for the kids to dye eggs.
Look how moody my little girl is being...then she completely turns her back on me! That toot!
I'm not sure what's with this pouty face! Lol!
I love the easter tongs we found last year...they really do work so well! But in reality...using hands is just so much easier!!
I'm loving Elliott's expressions in all these pics!
Last year we dyed eggs with kool-aid...I wasn't a fan. This year, we used regular food coloring. I loved it! I was actually out of red...but I found a partially dried up one. Which made the fun pink speckles....I thought they turned out really well.
We then said goodbye to Grampy Steve. Emily even gave him a hug goodbye...which is HUGE!! Emily gives everyone a cold shoulder in the beginning...after being together all day...she usually warms up a little. But to give a hug...that's a big thing!
Saturday night, we made resurrection rolls...we didn't take any pics. But this was probably my favorite activity. Even Emily got into it.
Easter Sunday was pretty low key...we mostly enjoyed spending the day together...which I prefer! The kids did the easter celebrations in the morning...then we spent the day watching general conference! I loved that Easter fell on general conference weekend this year!!
It rained all night...boo! So the easter bunny hid all the eggs on the back porch.
Probably my favorite pic! I love these guys!!!
I love this little family of mine. I am so grateful that I get to spend FOREVER with them....thanks to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that we were able to focus more on Him this Easter season than in years past.
And if you haven't seen this video...you NEED to!
And in case you couldn't tell...Elliott is dealing with pink eye. His left eye got hit Friday and his right eye got it on Sunday.






































