Monday, April 6, 2015

Sewing Room

I haven't sewn or quilted anything in the past 3 months!! I can't believe it. In our new house, I am sharing my sewing room with the kids' play room. That's a good thing and a bad thing. I like that I'll be able to be with them when I am sewing. The bad thing is....they have tons of toys!! And they take up way too much room!

So Donna was going to be getting rid of some file cabinets...I asked if I could have one. I was just going to spray paint it white...but it wasn't going on as smoothly as I was anticipating. So then I thought I'd mod podge fabric on it. I got this fabric really cheap from someone selling all their fabric...and I have tons of it. I really liked how it turned out! Sometimes things just don't turn out as pretty or as neat as you envision it...so I'm really happy that this did! Plus it looks crafty...like it belongs in a craft room! I just wish I had the room for 2 file cabinets!


Then it was time to go through my fabric. Patrick had some comic book boards from a while ago. So I snagged them and wrapped my fabric around them. Sadly...I have more fabric than his 100 board stash...so I did have to order more. Here's a pic of my wrapped fabric...oh so pretty. I still need to organize by color. And then I'll be happy!! I am still thinking up a way to store my fat quarters. You can see the fabric I used in the drawer...and how much I still have left!!


I really can't wait until I can get into my sewing room and start sewing!!!