Monday, September 9, 2013

Arkansas 2013

I've been home a week now since our Arkansas trip. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. It was a nice trip...we were there for 2 weeks. It was relaxing...and I was quite lazy. Elliott had a blast running and exploring outside. Whenever we make a visit....I really want to convince myself to move there. But in reality, I know it probably won't be possible anytime soon. Especially since we have only been in our house for 1 year. Maybe one day we can get out of Houston.

Here we are waiting on our plane. It was about 30 min late. It was past Emily's bedtime by the time we boarded. She had a rough night...but did pretty good on the plane. On both airplane trips, I got lots of complements on having such good kids and how well they handled the flight. I was pretty proud of them! Oh...and I was pretty proud of myself for flying with 2 kids by myself!!

I didn't take many pictures...I really was relaxing. And I didn't take our nice camera. So most pictures are from my cell phone.

I have no idea what Emily is doing...but I had to snap a picture of this.

Mom and I worked on some sewing projects. We applique embroidered her name on some hooded towels I made. They turned out cute and I may one day take a pic. But we also made these onesies for her. I was going to pair the snowman one with a white tutu. 

We also found a shirt and pattern to make Elliott something too. Elliott didn't want to cooperate with my picture taking...of course.
We also went to the fabric store and got to working on some quilts. I have one for Elliott and Emily...hopefully I can find the motivation to work on them soon. 

Elliott was getting stir crazy. So we went down to Fairfield Bay to feed the fish. These fish are absolutely crazy!! Elliott had a blast...and I even got him a 2nd bag.




Now we are getting more normal around here...and back to facing responsibilities. It was fun to see my parents. And for my kids to be with their wonderful grandparents. My mom told me that Emily is one of the sweetest babies she's ever known. Emily would crawl up to you...climb up on your leg...and give you a hug. She really is a sweet one.