Friday, September 20, 2013

Emily 14 Months

Emily is 14 months today!
Believe it or not....this sweet little girl keeps on getting sweeter.
She really is just such a good "baby". (I know...she's a toddler now!)
She still will crawl up to you and give you hugs. She now will give me hugs when I ask her too...and she makes sweet sounds while hugging you. She really is sweet.
She waves bye bye when she goes to bed. Or if she's leaving me about to get into trouble she'll have bye to me.
She now has 5 teeth...the 6th one is going to cut through any day now.
She is getting picky with food....makes me so sad. She now refuses veggies. But...if I am eating them...she'll want to eat off my plate...so there may still be hope left.
She has started to stand on her own. She'll get up and and stand in the middle of the room...but she'll just stand there and refuses to move her feet. I thought she'd be walking by now since she's always going after Elliott. Elliott walked at 15 months...so I'm expecting her to be on the same track as him. Their milestones have been quite similar. She does walk while holding on to my hands....she started that while we were in Arkansas.
On our trip in Arkansas, she said grandpa ("pa-pa"). My mom said she said grandma too but I never heard it. She said "hi" once too. 
She loves to sing "If you're happy and you know it"...and she claps as soon as I start singing it. She loves to clap.
She loves books. Her favorite right now is "The very hungry caterpillar"
She finally loves bathtime and has started to splash around!
Most of the time I can leave her in her highchair....but she's starting to stand up. Crazy girl. I'm starting to have to buckle her in.
Emily has started to drink from a hard tip sippy this week! So excited for that! She was desperate for a drink on the plane, so she taught herself to drink from a straw from Elliott's drink. ha ha!
She LOVES Elliott...and he's always making her laugh. It is just so much fun for us to see the 2 playing together. Elliott is just so good and sweet with her. She started walking using a walker (I don't know what they are called...but you push it)....I think Elliott was more excited than me.

We love this girl so very much. I'm always afraid that her demeanor will change soon and she'll be such a handful, but so far she just keeps getting sweeter. I really couldn't have asked for an easier baby.

I didn't stage any photos today...she's too mobile to do that. So I just snapped some pictures as she was moving around.

There's her sippy with a straw. She loves her milk....I have to cut her off and only let her have it with her meals and snacks.


She's getting more hair now...so I can now clip a bow in and it'll stay...so excited for that!



I really wanted to get a picture of her standing up...but she wouldn't smile for the camera...so here she is standing with her feet glued to the floor.


About to stand up here...

Oh she's a snuggler! She loves to snuggle anything soft...so sweet!