Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

I've never been a fan of new years resolutions. I feel that people make these over the top resolutions...try them out for 2 weeks...then ignore them for the rest of the year. However, I'm fine with making resolutions as long as you keep revisiting them throughout the year.

So this year, I'm focusing on 2 things.

1--Me. As a mom, this never happens. So this is the year for me. I know it sounds selfish...but it is what it is.

2--Quilting. I have a gazillion hobbies. I love to sew and create things the most lately. I have quite a few unfinished quilts...so I really want to try to get them completed this year. I also want to learn how to quilt on my regular sewing machine. My mom has quite the quilting machine. But I don't want to save up a gazillion quilts and only quilt when I go see her. I also started a few block of the months...here are 2 of them for the first month of January. I think doing the same block over and over is boring. I like doing a different block...so I'm looking for to these BOMs,