Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday at Brazos Bend

We were really excited to have Patrick off work today! So we took advantage of it and went to Brazos Bend. I've been leery of going ever since I saw that one snake. Surely, I wouldn't find one again in our pathway....ahem...oh nevermind.

We spotted 58 alligators. A gazillion turtles. And 1 snake (YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!)

These are some of our best shots. I can't believe another snake made it on my blog!









So...ironically, I'm the one that found this snake...again. In pretty much the same exact spot as the last one I found....last year! Patrick says it's a water mocassin. It was about 1 1/2 to 2 feet long...and kind of fat. Patrick and Elliott were walking ahead of Emily and me when I saw it. I had to yell at them several times...and they finally stopped when they were 2-3 feet away from it. Elliott proceeded to make fun of me being scared of the snake. And he really delights in telling people about it...ha ha ha!!