Sunday, October 11, 2015

China Cabinet

We've been on the lookout for a china cabinet since around Easter-time. And now that we have painted the dining room. We've really been antsy to get one. So I searched and searched and searched some more! Craigslist...garage sale fb groups....etc. The big issue was our SUV would only fit up to 44"...so we didn't want to go too far away to find one since we'd have to strap it to the top. Or we'd have to rent a truck.

I finally found one on the 5miles app. It's okay...nothing spectacular. Mostly I wanted it because it was less than 2 miles away here in town! And then when we got there....it was missing a handle...and it was pretty roughed up. I was able to talk them down $20.

So we decided it really needed a facelift!

Here's the before:



And here's the after....we also updated the hardware since we were missing 1 handle:
Patrick had to hold the chandelier out of the way so I could get a pic of it!

So excited I now have something to put my Grandma's china in! They have been sitting in the same box since she passed away when I was in high school!!