Saturday, October 24, 2015

Elliott is 7!!

Somehow this not so little guy is 7!! I can't believe it's been 7 years!! Our little "surprise" baby has brought us so much joy!!!

He has always been such a good boy and we are so so proud of him. He's been working really hard on his reading since school started...and we are so impressed with how well he can read now! He absolutely LOVES school...we hope that he keeps on loving it through the years.

And we really can't believe that we only have 1 year to get him prepared for his baptism for when he turns 8 next year!! 

Elliott woke up early!! 5:30!! He was pretty excited that it's his birthday!


Here's his cupcakes I made yesterday. My attempt at Bay Max Big Hero 6 cupcakes. And they were oh so yummy!! Red velvet cake!

So after Patrick and I finally got up...we realized we didn't have ANY candles!! So Patrick and Elliott took a trip to the store real quick. Elliott picked them out...and he picked out the "trick" candles. He had so much fun with them!!




And he had a mountain of presents this year:

Trying to guess what it is....






He was pretty excited about his blanket....and it's huge...and heavy!

His loot! You will notice hot tamales, a jar of cherries, and peanuts. The only thing he asked for his birthday was the star wars blanket and "grandpa's candy"...that would be the hot tamales. He loves the cherries inside the sonic drinks and his favorite restaurant are those steakhouses and you can throw the peanut shells on the floor. So he asked for those too! Silly boy...we included a few others too! We also got him a BYU shirt...mostly so he can wear it on college days at school...but it was still fun for him to unwrap.

We had such a fun day! We had done parties for the past 2 years...and since most of the kids he gets along with are girls...and I wasn't going to throw a girl party...we decided to celebrate with just our little family. We had lunch at Peter Piper Pizza....the kids had a lot of fun! I hung out with Emily and Patrick with Elliott....so I didn't get as many pics of Elliott.





We then ventured to a mall in Arlington where the kids could ride a big carousel....they had so much fun. And then we wandered by a kiosk that was selling hermit crabs. I mentioned to Patrick that was a pet I could handle. I have already vetoed fish. So Elliott wanted to use his birthday money on his new pet. He picked the spiderman one because it's red...and of course the case was red. We have since upgraded the cage to a bigger aquarium and added a friend. We read they do better when they have a buddy or 2.

We then came home and carved pumpkins!! We love having Elliott's birthday 1 week before Halloween!!


Oh...just because she was being cute!

I took a gazillion pictures of these 2!! This is the best I could get....

Most of them looked like this....but this is my next favorite one!! Ha ha!!!