Sunday, September 17, 2017

Caribbean Cruise 2017 -- Day 1 at Sea (Sunday)

My parents were wonderful to watch the kids so Patrick and I can take a trip...alone!! We booked our cruise back in March. It has taken forever to get here. It's our first time on a cruise!!

Most of our days were spent just watching the water...we loved it! We have a ton of pics of just the water! It was just so relaxing!!

We got on board at about 1 pm. We wondered around a bit...and had lunch at the buffet.

The map of our ship...I took a pic so I could refer to it later. We never needed to though.


A pic of Galveston's muddy waters....just for comparison later!



Our trusty coast guard....


We were surprised we didn't have to travel far to escape the muddy water.


Dinners were fun because we explored food we normally wouldn't...but really mostly Patrick did. We forgot to take pics of them the 1st few days. For the 1st night, I had a pork chop and Patrick had a seafood pasta dish. I took dessert to go...and Patrick skipped it. Our waitress asked if we were on a diet!!


Our 1st show was really good. There was a small "In the Air" act....they'll be performing their show the following night. And then a comedian. He was really funny. He also had a late night adult show a night later...but we skipped that. We weren't interested in any adult comedy.

We did a walk on the top at night...it was so windy!!!