How fun was it that I got both of these kiddos in to see the doctor on the same day!
Emily Stats:
Weight: 21 lb 12.8 oz (57%)
Height: 31" (62%)
Head Circ: 18.5" (82%)
Elliott Stats:
Weight: 41 lb (53%)
Height: 3' 7.5" (63%)
I think it's funny that both of them are in the 50s for weight and 60s for height. Emily was in the 30s for height 3 months ago...so she definitely had a growth spurt.
Both kids behaved really well for the doctor. Before she left, she told me that I have really good kids. I told her thank you, then she looked at me and said, "No really, you have really good kids." So sweet. I think I have good kids too and I'm grateful for that.
All went well at the doctor's appointment. Or so I thought. Their appointment was at 8 am. And a few min ago at 3 pm, their doctor calls me. Panic! But they didn't have blood tests to tell me they have a weird illness...so why would their doctor be calling me instead of a nurse!?! Then she tells me that there was something wrong with one of Emily's vaccine, she got something else instead of what she's suppose to have. PANIC!! I mean...what??? Did this really just happen?? But she said there was no harm in it. She got the DTaP instead of the Hib. The Hib is in the DTaP, so she got it. She just got an extra does of the other 2 that are in the DTaP (dtp and polio maybe?). She might be extra sore and increase chance of fever. Doctor also said the person that made the mistake has been dealt with. Doctor wasn't even in the office and called me straight from her cell at home to let me know. She said if I had any concerns I can always call her back on her cell. I really do love their doctor...so sweet. She said she told the office manager that she was upset this happened to our family because we are a sweet family and she said I was such a sweet mom to my kids. (That felt so good to hear!!) And I'm grateful that this wasn't a more serious situation than it could have been. And even with the mix up, I would never go without vaccines with my kids. Way too scary!