Sunday, October 20, 2013

Emily 15 Months

My sweet is Em is 15 months today!

I look at her and can't believe how big this girl is...that first year sure does go by way too fast.
She is still such a sweetie.
She has 6 teeth now. That 6th tooth sure was a booger. She went through fevers and runny noses to get that one to cut through.
She is so sensitive. One morning, she stuck her hand in her oatmeal when I was trying to feed her, I said, "Emily..." in an exasperated voice...not sternly. And she bursted into tears. If you cry, she cries. I could make her cry on demand by just making a sad voice.
She is quite attached. She HATES it when you walk away from her.
She is still being stubborn walking. She has the ability...just extra cautious. Sometimes she'll hold one hand and walk...but it doesn't last long because she likes to hold both hands.
I have just started putting shoes on her....not that she needs them...but maybe she can get used to them by the time she starts walking.
She is a picky one with her food. But she does like to eat still. She is ALWAYS buckled in her high chair...that wiggly girl.
She loves her Daddy!! She's probably the most excited when Patrick gets home. She can't sit till and has the biggest grin and she's antsy until he gives her a hug. It really is just so adorable. One day I heard the garage door open, I told her, "Daddy is home, go give him a hug." She crawled out of the living room, into the kitchen, and down the hall where the door to the garage is and was in the hallway when Patrick got home.
She still sleeps like a champ (unless she's teething!) And she's making the transition to 1 nap a day. I really do like the 1 long nap compared to 2 short naps.

She goes in to the doctor next week for her 15 month checkup...and shots of course.

Only a few pictures today. This was right after stake conference and before her naptime.



Here's Elliott sharing and helping her play on the ipad.