Thursday, October 24, 2013

Elliott is 5!!

How is it possible that my little guy is already 5! He is just getting so big. I'm so proud of how much he's grown and learn in the past year. He attends speech once a week for 1 hour and goes to preschool 3 times all week for most of the day. He loves school and I'm so excited how much fun he is having.

He has been more sensitive lately. If I raise my voice at him (but not yell!), he runs to his room and pouts and when he comes out he says, "Mommy, you don't love me anymore?" Oh such a sweet boy.

Elliott loves to play wii. Mario Party 8 and Mario Kart are his faves. We have to put a time limit or he'll play all day long...really, he will. He loves to read. I love that he loves books. Oh and he absolutely LOVES to play games with us. Any game...he loves it. Sadly, after 5, 6, 7 rounds of a game...and I just can't take another round, he'll play by himself. He is such a good big brother and is always taking care of Emily. If he accidentally hurts her, he get so so upset and takes himself up to his room.

We had such a fun day today! I was so excited to celebrate with him.

LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY!!!

I dropped Elliott off at school at 8:30 then went home to get ready for the day. I asked Elliott before school if he wanted me to come to school. He said no. So I didn't tell him I was coming up. I brought cupcakes for all the kids. It was fun to see him finally notice I was in his classroom...and he was pretty excited and wanted me to stay for the rest of the day. I didn't...I was there for 1 hour. It was fun to chat with his teacher and see how he interacts with the other kids.





We then went and had his party at Chuck E Cheese! He loved it! He had 2 friends from church come, and Patrick's side of the family. It did cost money...but I loved seeing him get so much attention and having such a good time for his birthday. My camera battery decided to die on me half way through...ugh. So I had to resort to cell phone pics.

I went easy on his "cake" this year. We had Mario Kart cupcakes. I ordered these edible cake toppers all with different mario kart images. I didn't think to take a pic of them all....hopefully Patrick has some pics on his cell phone...so here's 1 of the cupcakes.

All ready to start this party!

The crew.

 The 3 of us...Emily is off sitting in a high chair somewhere.



Oh the ticket blaster. Everyone had already gone home and we still needed to do the ticket blaster. He was terrified of it. Patrick had to go in there with him. He was okay once it turned on..and wanted to do it again. But yeah...the only kid in history to be terrified of the ticket blaster.


Emily was a trooper. 2 1/2 hours past her bedtime...so I let her eat cake.