I gave Emily a bath the other day and saw "dirt" in the tub. No big deal, right? Then as I got her out, I noticed "dirt" in the sink! I immediately called Patrick up...and he says oh so casually, "oh yeah, I think they are bugs." What?!?! That night we got out the bleach and we bleached the kids' bathroom...they were thousands of bugs! The fumes killed us...but we got that bathroom cleaned and we poured the bleach down the drains. And then they came back. I researched and I thought we had springtails. But nope. We decided to check the closet right next to the bathroom where we keep most of our food storage. They were everywhere! We believe, and are now certain, the source were some bags of beans and wheat that Patrick's parents gave us. And we believe these are mold mites....they are teeny tiny...just specks.We threw the bags out and instead of thousands and thousands like we found the 1st few days. We are now down to less than 50 per day. So we bleached the bathroom, fogged it, vinegared it, and sprayed household insecticide. 2 weeks of battling these annoying mold mites!!
I should have taken a picture of the sink covered in these things...it was pretty bad.