My mom was trying to find a picture of just Patrick and me together...and she mentioned to me that they are more pics of alligators than there are of us. So true...which makes me reluctant to post more pics of gators!! Not as many today.
We've had a state parks pass this past year....so we wanted to make sure we got our money's worth out of it. So we most likely won't go as often....because this year we are going to get a zoo pass.
Today's trip to Brazos Bend seemed pretty uneventful...well....I guess in the beginning. We saw 32 gators...but felt like that wasn't that many. It's always to see the big gators...and we only saw 1-2 of those...the ones we saw were a lot smaller.
I saw another snake....it was 3-4 feet long. I saw it 30 feet in front of us...so it wasn't as startling. Patrick went up to it take a pic...but it quickly ran away from him. He said it was a simple water snake. I was teasing Patrick later on that I'm the one that ALWAYS spots the snakes!! Him and Elliott were teasing me that it'd be cool to spot 2 snakes in 1 trip. I told them 1 was plenty enough!! We were ALMOST done with our trip...we were on a small pathway. Patrick told me to stop moving because there was a copperhead. I was terrified...I went to go "hide" behind him...because I really didn't know where to go...and I was shaking like a leaf!!! The next step or 2, I would've stepped on the copperhead. Yep...this snake experience traumatized me, and Patrick finally got to spot the snake...and we got to see 2 snakes in 1 trip like the guys wanted!!
We saw several cardinals this time...really pretty ones.
We were happy to see some action from this guy. It's always fun to see them move...especially in front of us. Even though we felt like we didn't see as many....we were happy to see at least this one.
Little girl squinting at me....she saw the one walk in front of us and got really excited and called it "puppy!"
The rest of these pics don't deserve to be enlarged!!!!! The 1st is the water snake, the 2nd is the copperhead.








