I am just so so proud of our Elliott!! He worked so hard on his summer reading. I required him to read 30 minutes every day (well...we did miss a few...so most days) during the summer. He read so so much.
So today we had his 6 weeks awards ceremony. I knew he was getting a summer reading award...but didn't know if he was getting others. They went through all the teacher awards first. He got honor roll and top science award (95% in science). Then the librarian got up for the summer reading awards. She did the bronze medals first. They had 7 categories they had to read from this summer...and if you had 1 of each, then you got bronze, 2 for silver, and 3 for gold. I knew he earned a gold. So no one was awarded a silver. There were quite a few for gold. But Elliott's name was never called. He was expecting it...and you could tell how disappointed he was on his face when they never called his name. Then they announced the top reader out of entire grade level, with 3,000 pages read....and then they called his name.
He was just so super excited! And I was super excited for him! That was a lot of work on his part to read so much during the summer!!!

