We ventured out to Brazos Bend again this morning. We need to put our annual pass to good use. I didn't really feel like going and almost told Patrick so...but I went along instead. We had a slow start and got there later than usual. We got there a little after 9 am. We like to get there around opening time...7:30ish. I didn't think we would see that many...maybe around 10. I was way wrong. Our count today was 60. Now that I can zoom in on my pictures, I'm there were more than 60.The most we have ever seen in one trip! Our count was at 28 when a photographer told us that up ahead across from Elm Lake there were 30 on the bank. I kind of thought he was exaggerating...and he just meant a lot...or maybe there were several group of babies. But no....there were a ton up there. It was a lot of fun.
This is our first guy...with his mouth wide open. I couldn't get the camera to focus and I wanted to zoom in...Patrick had put it on manual...and by the time he fixed it, he close his mouth. So these two are of the same alligator.
We physically saw 21 in this section of water. I know there must have been a ton more....but this is what I physically counted. There are 2 in this first group here.
I think there are 7 here.
I counted 8 in this group.
This guy was part of the same area...he was closer to the bank where we were by himself.
Another shot of the 2 large groups next to each other.
We saw a group of 5 babies. Here are 3 of them.
On our way back to the car we saw 2 groups of ducks and ducklings. Here's the 1st one. There was another adult duck, but I cropped it out so I can zoom in on the ducklings.
These next 2 pics are of the 2nd group. These are teeny tiny ducklings...they are really hard to see. We were able to see them because there were jumping around.
A good trip...so many gators out. Extremely hot out. We were there for almost 2 hours.












