Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Emily 7 Months

This past month went by way too fast. I just read up on what I wrote for Emily's 6 month...and it seemed like that was just the other day. Not much more has changed since then. Emily is such a fun baby. Everyone is always commenting on what an easygoing baby she is...and she is. She is "talking" more and more. She tried to sing back to me today...so cute! Her and Elliott are so fun together...they love each other so much...I love it!

Last Friday, Patrick and I went out while Megan watched the kids for us. Emily was asleep for a nap when we left. She was okay with us being gone...but she KNEW we abandoned her. She was a toot here and there but overall, still pretty good. Yesterday, Kathleen came over. Emily was crying and I had Patrick bring her downstairs...she saw Kathleen right away...but hadn't seen me yet. Wow...did she throw a fit. It was a cry we had never heard before. It sounded pitched and like she was hyperventilating....I realized then she hadn't seen me and probably thought I abandoned her again....since I'm always the one to get her from her bed. Wow! I'm leaving the kiddos with my parents in a week and a half...oh boy.

To get ready for our trip...I've been saving up lots and lots of pumped breast milk. And to prepare Emily, I have pumped a few times during the day and bottle-fed her. She's a champ with the bottle and will do great when we are gone. However, I then nursed her when the previous feeding was by bottle. She wasn't happy and was quite impatient! Oh boy...I may be in trouble after our trip.

These two are going to be such partners in crime in the future...! I know it!


You'd think I had posed these two into this cheesy pic...but no...this is how they normally are together.












And, of course, Elliott wanted to pop in some more pics...and he wanted to hold her.




Love this Elliott smile! I don't get many genuine, non-fake smiles from him much anymore.