Our ward had a Father & Son Campout last night. It was mostly for scouts, but Patrick jumped on the opportunity to take Elliott camping. They had so much fun. I don't mind camping, I'll do it. But it's not my favorite thing to do. I'll go along mostly because I know it's a fun thing for the boys to do. So... I was way excited that it was just the two of them. Patrick said Elliott had so much fun running around and playing with all of the kids. They were down and zonked out by 9:30 pm. When they got home the next morning...they smelled soooo bad!! All the smoke and such. I made them both go and shower asap!
It was nice for me to have a night to myself. Emily goes to bed at 6 pm. So...I was up until 1 am just watching TV. On the downside....I'm a nervous wreck when Patrick isn't home. It's not like I'm addicted to TV...but it gave me something to do and kept some noise on. I left the dining room light on downstairs, and our hallway light on upstairs. See...a nervous paranoid wreck. I lay all the blame on my dad for making me this way. I don't know how other wives handle their husbands traveling for work...but I sure am grateful that Patrick doesn't travel as much. But I still enjoyed my alone time.