Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dallas, Texas Temple

We were in Dallas visiting Patrick's dad. We go to Dallas several times...and we never thought to drive by the temple. Patrick has never seen it, so we went by Saturday morning.

I've always thought how simple the Dallas temple is....and how it's not the most beautiful temple. But when we drove in the temple parking lot...I was overcome by how beautiful it really is! I was also overcome by how strong I felt the Spirit even in the parking lot!

This was the temple we went to when I was a youth. The Houston temple was built when I was in college. I was reminded the dedication and sacrifices my parents made monthly to attend this temple when they still had kids at home and the temple was 4+ hours away. I have kids at home now and the temple is less than an hour away...