This boy of mine. He's all boy. Geesh...he is getting hurt way too much! About 4-5 days in a row he bonked his head good....slipped in water he spilled, fell by the foot of the stairs, hit his head on the banister. Then he tripped in the driveway while bare foot and the top part of his big toe ripped off. Then...today happened.
I was on the treadmill...and the track felt different...I thought a belt somewhere was going bad. So I looked behind and there was Elliott. I panicked and couldn't even remember how to turn the treadmill off for a few seconds....so I pulled the string. Then I yelled at him for playing with the treadmill. And then I tended to him...I didn't realize how hurt he was. Later on he told me he was just feeling the treadmill track...then his little hand got stuck and skinned ripped off the bottom of 2 of his fingers and part of his thumb. Poor thing. I had him soak his hand in water, while I got the first aid supplies. He kept saying in between sobs, "You're not a doctor, Mommy." I said, "Today I am!"
This is day 2 when we changed out the bandages. When I first bandaged him up, I didn't take off the excess skin because he was so upset to begin with and I didn't want to hurt him more.
Pretty yucky, huh?
This boy....I hope he stops hurting himself!!!
