With bountiful baskets, we ordered 40 lbs of apples! It was 75 cents a pound, so we thought it was a good deal. So...I made and canned apple pie filling, 2 batches of applesauce (unsweetened & sweetened), baby food, apple butter, and apple jelly. And I made us a dessert, and kept about 10 apples on hand to eat. My first 2 projects was the apple butter and apple pie filling...it was time consuming...and then I noticed I used less than 1/4 of my apples!! Wow! Luckily, apples keep for a while so I did all this canning over a week or two. Saturday we are picking up 16 lbs of strawberries...you always have to rush with berries...you blink and they go bad.
About 25 jars of apple stuff.
Last Saturday, we picked up a loquat and clementine tree. Pretty excited to have some fruit trees!!
Loquat on the left and clementine on the right...and of course our little Elliott in the middle...can't forget Elliott.

