Today Emily is 27 weeks, and we went in for her 6 month shots...and we added in a flu shot too. Poor little girl. She's finally napping now. I took some pictures BEFORE our appointment this morning....I figured she may not be up to all the smiley pics after the shots.
Her new food this past week was carrots. LOVED THEM!!! She just plain loves food. Her next food this week will be sweet peas...we'll see how she loves those. She liked squash and green beans just fine...but she LOVED the carrots. I gave her half to start with and I cleaned her up and was putting everything away...and she started crying the "my feelings are hurt" cry. So I gave her the rest and she was happy. Silly girl.
She still hasn't rolled from her back to tummy, doctor said it was okay...just keep doing the tummy time. I would have her on her tummy all day...but I have a bouncing 4 year old (literally...he is constantly bouncing all over the house!). She does roll to her side sometimes.
She is still loving playing with her feet. She is constantly kicking and moving her arms still. Yesterday, she was taking a really long nap...so after 3 hours I decided to check on her. She was awake and just laying there looking at me. As soon as I put my arms out to pick her up...her legs and arms went crazy with excitement!! I loved it! I love how happy and excited she gets when she sees me.
When I get ready in the morning, I place Emily in her jumper suspended from the doorway. She hates it when I'm out of sight or if she's laying down. So usually she just hangs out...no bouncing...until today! She was bouncing like crazy this morning....I love that she has figured it out!
Yep...this little girl loves her big brother!!
Probably tired of my picture taking....













