Here's my 1st post on the new blog!!!
You can view my previous blog at: irishfamilyblog.blogspot.com
You can view my previous blog at: irishfamilyblog.blogspot.com
Today was a fun day. I went to see Les Miserables with a good friend of mine, Steph. Good movie. Everyone in it did a great job. And it was a nice break to get away.
When I got home...Emily introduced a new and different cry to me. Apparently, it wasn't cool with her that I deserted her. So she let me have it when she saw me. Poor thing. It melted my heart. I didn't realize how attached she is to me. Love it!
We worked on painting the dining room set...we're almost done. I can't wait for it to be done.
Oh....New Years Resolutions...I'm not a fan. It seems to me that people make these resolutions....and they only last for weeks....rarely even through the end of the month of January! But it is a time to reflect on the past year...and to think about how I can be a better person than in 2012. We've had an eventful year. We moved into our house...wasn't planning on that one! Our sweet Emily joined our family! And I quit my job!!
So...New Years...here's what I am wanting to work on to make me a better person this year...and although these won't be perfected by December 2013, they will be revisited over and over throughout the year:
1--cut sugar out more! I'm realistic in that I know I won't be able to cut it out 100%...but I do want to do better. I'm also needing to get back to exercising...we took a holiday break. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with Patrick while working out.
2--be a better mom and wife! I am wanting to spend more quality time with my family and to be there for them more.
3--my calling! I want to do better with my calling. I want to be more spiritually in tuned and to have a more spiritual Christ-centered home.