Here's a quick overview of pictures of our trip in case you don't want the details. Patrick put it together. I don't have all the pictures below...but this collage has most of them.
It's been a year and a half since we've been to Brazos Bend. We love that state park and we decided to get an annual state park pass this time, in hopes that we'll go more often this next year and to other parks too.
It's been a year and a half since we've been to Brazos Bend. We love that state park and we decided to get an annual state park pass this time, in hopes that we'll go more often this next year and to other parks too.
We counted 25 alligators this trip! Wow! I think that's the most we've counted in 1 trip. However, we found several babies sitting on and laying on logs that I didn't count....I think there were 4 or 5 of them...they were pretty cute.
We ventured to the visitor's center when we finished with our 5 mile hike/walk...so Patrick took Emily for me and I finally go the camera...I had to get a picture of these three...love this little family of mine!!
Right before we got to this area, we passed a boy scout troop that let us know there was an alligator over here. Well...there definitely was 1...then we found another....and another...then another! We found 4. They kept creeping really close to each other and we were anticipating a little skirmish...but we didn't. There's three in this picture.
First pic for the day.
This was the 1st gator we found. Look at those claws!
It seems that we always have a story to tell when visit Brazos Bend. As we were walking I was wondering what was our "story" going to be this trip. Well...luckily I didn't trip over this guy. I was 2 feet away from him. I had to do a double take because I thought it was a piece of tire at first when I saw him out of the corner of my eye. I was pushing Emily in the stroller and zoomed by and said calmly and squeamishly to Patrick "there's a snake!" Patrick was wondering why I was panicking...and then he saw our copperhead. SO.NOT.COOL!!! So then he sent Elliott over to me...and Patrick proceeded to takes lots of pictures up close to this guy...I was so panicky the entire time. I hate snakes! I can't believe I'm able to put this pic here...on my blog! I was paranoid for the rest of our stay there...and I hope this experience won't ruin our future visits.
This crane is creeping on something.
These two kept growling at each other.
Apparently, I'm the one with the "eye" today. I spotted this little guy on the side of the trail. I also spotted most of the 25 gators.
And, of course, I'm the one that spotted this guy too. We were walking down the path and Patrick and Elliott were ahead of me. I told them to stop...and Patrick got panicky because he didn't know why I said stop and he thought it was something up close. But this little guy was sunning on the side of the pathway.











