Friday, May 3, 2013

Emily 41 Weeks

I've been working with Emily on clapping her hands. She finally did it Monday! And then I was telling Patrick about it when he got home. Well....she heard my say clap and she started clapping. I was so impressed that she knew what the word "clap" meant!!

We've been pretty lazy this week....just hanging out. Emily has had more floor time...and she can get around all over the living room. She is spending more time on  her hands and knees and rocking back and forth.

She has tried a fruit cup of diced pears this week. And she finished the entire cup....I was impressed that she was able to eat them. So no more baby food for her. Even though she has no teeth to help her eat table food. I'll finish the baby food we already have on hand, but I'm not going to make anymore.

Emily finally says "Momma!" So excited! It's usually when she's crying and whining....but she has said it several times now. She must know that it gets me to hear quicker when she's saying my name so pitifully.

It's really been hitting me that she's not so little anymore...my little baby is growing up. So sad to me.

She is now exclusively on formula. I haven't nursed her in 4 days.


I love this silly grin of hers.

I love these 2 goofy kids.

So Emily wasn't happy that I wasn't holding her anymore...so Elliott is here trying to make her happy. Sweet boy.

And then it was over when I laid her on her tummy....so not happy with me.

My peace offering. The one "toy" I NEVER let her have.

It worked.

I'm pretty sure she's ignoring me.

One of my favorite looks!

After we were done taking pictures, she was all smiley on the floor...so I had to take 1 more.