Today was our first time to go swimming!! Last time we went was 2 years ago when Elliott and I would go with Megan and Will Stutz. The pool was opened today...but I wasn't really planning on going. We had a Mom's Club activity at a splash pad. I was so excited about it and have been looking forward to it for weeks. So I get Elliott all in his swim gear and drive on over. It was swamped! Parking lot was full and people were parking on the streets for blocks and blocks. There must've been an end of the school year party or something. There was no way we were going to stay...I hope it's not like that all the time. I hate crowds. But I had a little boy all decked in swimming gear. I was tempted to drive on out to Discovery Green...but being a Friday...I was certain it'd be swamped as well. So Patrick gave me an idea to go to the neighborhood pool...and it's open today too. So we did. I wasn't looking forward to it...but I'm really glad we went. I just wish I had my swimsuit on too...it'd be fun to be in the water with Elliott and Emily. Elliott found 2 little boys to play with. Elliott was really cautious and didn't wander off to far....in the beginning. The older boy was trying to teach Elliott to swim and kick. He was sweet to him. I kept an eye on him the entire time. I was ready to leave...we had been there an hour. I called for Elliott a few times...he ignored me...intentionally. The older boy taught Elliott to hang on the edge of the pool and work his way around. Well...Elliott lost his grip and he went under. The other boys were nowhere nearby. I was on my way there but not hurried thinking he'll grab the edge. Then I realized he's in big trouble...and I booked it and was able to grab him and didn't even have to get myself wet. He was only under for 15 seconds or so. But what was really scary for me is that no one else saw him. There weren't that many kids either. But I know my Elliott...and I knew he couldn't swim. He was pretty upset...so I took advantage of that and we left to go home. He's starting swimming lessons on Monday...and he now knows why he needs them. It was a good time he had at the pool today....even with the almost drowning incident...he now knows to be more careful. I hope the pool isn't too crowded this summer and we'll be able to go often.
We are excited for the summer!!
This is the wading pool....the little boys hung out here during adult swim.





