Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Happy Father's Day Patrick!
We had a casual and relaxing Father's Day (and Mother's Day too in May...I didn't post anything). I updated the "DAD" picture.


I also made him this picture and framed it:


He also got an extra magazine clip for his semi-newish gun.

I am so grateful that Patrick has such an active father role in our children's lives. When we go to a park...it is Patrick you see playing with Elliott. I am so glad the father of my children isn't someone who ignores his kids. He doesn't play as much with Emily...but she's still little and there is only so much you can do to play with an 11 month old.

Happy Father's Day and 64th birthday to my own dad. I am also grateful for my own father. I spoke today in Sacrament Meeting. I think I did a pretty good job. But it gave me the opportunity to reflect on what my father has given me and what kind of influence he has been to me. When I was going through my divorce....he was my #1 supporter. I was so afraid my family would judge me...but he was there for me. Because of him I feel deeply rooted in the gospel. I share his love of the temple. I am so grateful for his influence in my life. He does so much for us and I feel so grateful that he is my Dad..

Brock posted this on facebook. So I snagged it. Funny story. I told Elliott that this was grandpa and grandma. And he said, "No it's not! That's Uncle Brock and Mommy!" I LOVE IT!! Ha ha! I guess he thinks Brock looks like Dad and I look like Mom.