Elliott started calling me a cutie pie today. It started when we went to CVS...and the lady there said "Here you go, cutie-pie", as she handed him his candy I bought for him.
So we ventured on to Jo-Anns. Elliott kept calling me a cutie-pie. And I called him silly. A lady popped from around the corner and told me that he is not silly. But I'm his cutie pie because I'm his mommy. She then told me she lost her "cutie-pie" 2 weeks ago...and she would give anything to hear him call her his cutie pie. And I should enjoy this time with my 2 cutie pies. She then proceeded to tell me what a great job I was doing with my cutie pies. My heart broke for this sweet lady...and I couldn't say a word....because tears were streaming down my cheeks. I think I did manage to tell her thank you.
It's been hitting me hard lately that I need to spend more quality time with these 2 cutie-pie kids of mine. I want them to remember that they had a mommy that loved them and loved spending time with them. Plus, I started reading "Heaven is Here", the memoir of the Nie Nie Dialogues blog. So when this lady "attacked" me at Jo-Anns....it just hit me really really hard. I am so grateful to be Elliott's and Emily's Mommy.
So many things that we think are important in life...just aren't. It's not important to have a clean house, or to sew the cutest dress for Emily, or to even craft a fun DIY thing for the house. And let's not even go into facebook, pinterest, and this blog. These 2 precious spirits are what is most important to me. I am so very grateful that my Heavenly Father has entrusted them to me.












