Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend in Arkansas

We spent Memorial Day weekend at my parents...but spent Memorial Day traveling.

Everett met his 1st aunt!! And his 1st uncle...and his 1st cousin. It was a lot of fun to see family..as usual



Michelle, my mom and I had some nice spiritual talks on Friday morning...here's some quotes that my mom showed us.



Joel and his family came over for dinner...so Everett met more family!

Later in the evening, Patrick, Bret, Elliott and I went fishing. I had 2 bites...but they got away...and Patrick says those don't count!! But Patrick & Bret caught 1 fish each.

The kids playing "bullets"....sponsored by my dad, of course. He sent us this pic via text and said, "These are truly my grandchildren. I'm proud they are learning the important things in life!"

 During church on Sunday...I was really cold. I was wearing short sleeves...and I just figured it was cold in the building. Later on at home...I was FREEZING! Mom kept telling me it wasn't that cold. We then headed out to Joel's house. I had the chills...and just couldn't stop shaking! I had the heat blowing on me and everything...but couldn't stop the shakes! I then remembered that I had a temporal thermometer in my diaper bag....101.7! I knew something was wrong! Jeni got some medicine out for me...I could barely take it I was shaking so bad. Tylenol dropped it 1 degree...and got rid of my shakes. And then it spiked to 103. So I took some ibuprofen...and that broke the fever for me. I haven't had a fever since. My throat hurts and I have a cough...but no congestion. So I have no idea what I have.

So here's a pic when I was out of it laying on Joel/Jeni's couch. I am so grateful that everyone picked up my slack and took Emily to play. Everett just chilled out and Colten was trying to entertain him.


We left the next morning. So I was out of it for half the trip...maybe even more. There were more things I was wanting to do...but at least I'll be seeing everyone in a couple of weeks for our reunion!