What a super crazy and super busy week!!!
It's my birthday this week...followed by Mother's Day!
It all started the Sunday before Mother's Day. Elliott came home from church with a headache and a 103 degree fever. No other symptoms. We kept him from school on Monday. He seemed better for Tuesday...but he came home from school with another 103 degree fever....and a headache. So he stayed home on Wednesday. And then he developed a really bad cough.
Wednesday evening, my parents came into town. Elliott seems all better! No fever at all. So off to school he goes on Thursday! Patrick and my dad got up early for Patrick's surgery. And Mom, Emily, and I spend the day shopping.
We hear that Patrick's surgery went great...and he got home about 9 pm that night! So grateful!!
Friday morning...it's my birthday!! I gave Elliott some more cough syrup about 5 am...when my parents are leaving. And at 6 am...he has broken out in hives. I think it's the cough syrup. So we head to walmart early for benadryl...and off to school he goes. I had my quilt class...and then to babysit Patrick for the day.
I picked up Elliott...and he is covered head to toe in itchy hives!!!! Yikes!! Before we go home, he wanted to stop at HEB for cupcakes and ice cream for my birthday.
For the next day and a half he is on benadryl every 4 hours. The hives go away...but new ones always appear. Sunday I only gave him benadryl if he got itchy. Sunday night when we were putting him to bed...his back is covered with them!! I'll have to take him to the doctor on Monday. I have no idea what is wrong...he's been on benadryl forever....maybe this 103 fever, headache, and cough were all part of the rash/hives?!? I'm so worried about him.
Monday morning....ZERO hives! What?!? So very grateful for answered prayers!
Even on his face:

