Today, I ventured out and took the kids to Discovery Green for an egg hunt. I normally don't do this...but I thought it would give us something to do. I was nervous about driving downtown by myself...I'm not familiar at all with downtown Houston. I think it's all the one way streets that throw me off. But Patrick gave me some detailed directions. It was quite a big egg hunt, they said they had over 11,000 eggs. When we got there, parking was crazy. I circled several times trying to find a spot. I found one in a lot where I had to pay online....it was okay. I'm glad I did pay online, because when we got back there was a guy giving tickets to all the cars that didn't pay.
The first hunt was for kids 0-2 years old. We took Emily out and got her 1 purple egg to play with. I gave Elliott the candy.
My sweet little Emily.
...having fun with her 1 purple egg.
We then had the 3-5 age range. There were so so many kids! When they said go, someone knocked Elliott down. We got a little frazzled, but then he got up and he was on the go. I watched from the edge of the grass so I didn't have to take Emily along. I got some pictures I was impressed that I was able to crop tiny Elliott in my big huge picture...that is why there's some fuzzy pictures. Elliot came back with his basket filled to the top...he probably would've gotten more if he had a bigger basket!
This is 1 of 3 areas of eggs. The guy in the middle is the security guy to make sure no kids get a head start. Ha ha!
Here's a pic of Elliott and Mr. Security Guy in the background.
There was candy in some eggs...but some eggs had tickets to redeem for small toys and bigger candy. But it was such a huge long line. We had time so we hung out in line. Elliott went through all his eggs...and ate his candy. A lady took this picture of us....it's the only one she took....I wish Elliott was smiling...but he sure was busy eating his candy.
Me and my 2 kids! I don't get very many of these pics.
Elliott wanted to show his Daddy all the eggs he got today.
Elliott wanted to smile for the camera.
My 2 kiddos!! I feel so blessed to have these 2 kids and to call them mine!!















