And here she is. The dog. We waited until after our trip to get her, because we didn't want to have to board her while we were away. So the day after we got home, we found her.
Originally, we talked about getting a medium sized dog that doesn't shed that would entertain Elliott. Then I told Patrick that if we were going to get a dog, I wanted one that would protect in case someone breaks into the house. Or at least one that would scare an intruder away. So Patrick researched, and we decided on a german shepherd. But purebreds are pretty expensive. So we found a german shepherd and husky mix. Oh...and Patrick researched and decided on a female too. So we went and got her today...and she is such a cutie...we couldn't turn her down.
So...we now have a large dog that probably will shed the most out of any breed! So opposite than our original plan.
I hate the puppy stage...but we wouldn't know the kind of baggage an adult dog would have. I want our puppy to grow up with the kids so it can handle the wear and tear my kids will impose upon it. She loves playing with Elliott so far. She is definitely a puppy...which is annoying...it's like having another baby in the house. Except Emily is way much easier than this puppy! But we'll get through it.

